The following policies apply to cancellations determined by the Captain which are weather related. The sail usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but we may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. In the event of a weather cancellation, American Sailing Tours will make every effort to reschedule your tour at no additional charge.
Ticketed Tours & Exclusive Charters:
- Inclement weather is determined by American Sailing Tours, specifically by the captain of the day. This determination is based on criteria of safety and comfort.
- Inclement weather is defined generally as
- Cold temperatures which would render sailing uncomfortable, i.e., could not be remedied by the simple addition of seasonal, condition-appropriate outerwear.
- Rainy conditions which are persistent (not a passing shower)
- Threat of, or actual thunderstorm activity which cannot be avoided safely under sail
- High winds or high wave conditions which would make sailing unsafe.
The following policies apply to cancellations requested by the customer which are non-weather related or "no-shows" at the scheduled sailing time. In the event of a cancellation request made with 48 hours notice, American Sailing Tours will make every effort to reschedule your tour. If this is NOT possible,
- Ticketed events are paid in full at the time of reservation.
- Tickets are *transferable to other guests.
- Requests for rescheduling of ticketed reservations may be made up to 48 hours before the tour and will be contingent on availability. There is no charge for rescheduling ticketed tours with at least 48 hours notice.
- Purchased tickets are non-refundable within 48 hours of the scheduled tour.
- Cancellations which are requested more than 3 weeks in advance of the charter date, will be refunded with a 10% processing fee incurred.
- Cancellations requested between 72 hours and 3 weeks prior to the charter date will be assessed 50% of the charter fee.
- Cancellations requested 72 hours of fewer before the cruise is scheduled, will be assessed 100% of the charter fee.
American Sailing Tours reserves the right to cancel any scheduled ticketed events, due to slow ticket sales or a change in schedule that makes the boat unavailable. AST will make every effort to reschedule guests at no charge, in the rare occasion this may occur. Affected ticket holders will be offered a choice to reschedule at no charge, or a 100% refund.
DRUG & ALCOHOL POLICY
American Sailing Tours has a "zero tolerance" policy for drugs onboard the Summer Wind. This includes passengers and crew. Moderate alcohol consumption is permitted and guests are allowed to bring whatever they wish. Drunkenness is a safety hazard for all aboard and is not tolerated. The Captain has the right to refuse entry to the boat for any person suspected of being under the influence of drugs or alcohol and the right to return any such person to the dock while the boat is underway. No refund will be given under such circumstance. The Captain is responsible for the safety of the passengers, crew and boat and his/her decision is final.
Tweet Tweet !
Now you can follow us on Twitter. Just click here for the very latest news and photos from the boat.
It's easy to contact us. For ticket information, call 215-900-7758. To contact the ship directly or to inquire about private charters, just email us here: